Hello I am Derek STICK-AT-IT

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hello I am Derek STICK-AT-IT

Post  STICK-AT-IT on Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:29 am

Hello my name is Derek stick maker from Leeds this is a fantastic idea Keith well done,i have been stickmaking for one year i am adicted to it i have had a lot of help from my wife insetting my workshop up , also Jack Herron, Bill Lowe,Gordon Flintofft, Jeff Chapman, Eddie Gair border stick dressers Kenneth Platts and Allan Bateman a big thank you to all. I am making sticks for my first show at the moment 37 so far more ups and downs than a see saw in a school play ground but im getting there .

STICK-AT-IT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello I am Derek STICK-AT-IT

Post  Bodger on Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:06 am

Hi, My name is Roger hence the silly username, I am not pole-turner who lives in the woods, but a retired (through disabilty) carpenter/joiner, I have approx 8 blackthorn sticks cut, plus various other woods, 4 ready for handles/thumbsticks, not long moved into house, so worshop not fully working, looking forward to shooting-the-stick with you all.

Bodger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STICK-AT-IT on Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:45 am

Hello Roger .
Nice to hear from you im in the same disability boat was a lorry driver and had a accident ,got into stick making one year ago went to show my mother in law my first sticks she said yes they are good on the way out she shouted stick at it i said that will do for me ill call myself stick at it ha ha i have met some realy nice people in stick making my wife is at the top of the thank you page for decking my shed out with all the gear . I have also had a lot of help from a lot of proffesional stickers Keith Pickering ,Gordon Flintofft, Alan Bateman and a great friend of mine Bill the stick maker in Lincoln

STICK-AT-IT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top